Making a Three Bean Cauliflower Turkey Burrito is not as hard as you may think. Wow, say that again three times, fast (Three Bean Cauliflower Turkey Burrito) whew, could you do it, I couldn’t. Well, back to our regular program, it’s a simple recipe that you can get the kids involved. My kids enjoy making burritos with me, well they like eating the filling more, but we will go with them enjoying it. I hope you and your family will as well. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
One head of Cauliflower
Blender or Food Processor
Large mixing bowl
Aluminum Foil for wrapping
1 Cup of cooked Black Beans, drained
1 Cup of cooked Pink Beans or Pinto Beans, drained
1 Cup of cooked Lentils, drained
1 to 2lbs of Ground Turkey
2 Tbsp. Of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning, but you can use your own seasoning.
1 1/2 Cup of Cheddar Shredded Cheese or your favorite cheese
Flour Tortillas of any kind are good, Gluten Free, 100% Whole Wheat and Spinach & Herb
Optional Instructions: You can use your favorite three beans in this recipe and to make it Vegan just eliminate the ground turkey and cheese.
Optional Ingredients: Cayenne Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, and Jalapeno for heat.
- Put your skillet on the stove on medium high heat in order for the pan to heat up.
- Next, remove the ground turkey from the packaging and place in hot skillet. You want to chop the meat up using a spatula until it’s broken up into little pieces.
- Then, season with 2tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, then keep flipping and chopping until all the meat is cooked (It’s done once all the meat turns white all the way through, but you can take it an extra step and cook it till it’s browned). Once the ground meat is cooked, drain any assess oil using a strainer. Then set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, start by cutting the stem off (throw away stems and the green leaves) the cauliflower and then chop into medium size pieces.
- Next, you can either use a blender or food processor (I used a blender) to place the cauliflower (a little at a time). Once you put the cauliflower in the blender or food processor pulsed it a few times when using a blender and just hit the pulse button for the food processor until the Cauliflower began to look like rice (You may have a few big pieces left (using blender) remove them set Cauliflower rice to the side and place big pieces back into the blender and repeat step it’s done. Then add it to the large mixing bowl with the ground turkey.
- In a large mixing bowl, you should already have your cauliflower rice and cooked ground turkey now add, all three drained cooked beans, and cheese.
- Then, mix all ingredients well.
- Once you have everything mixed together, then you will need the aluminum foil. Make sure you break the foil in half, leaving you with two pieces and your flour tortilla of choice.
- Next, place tortilla on to one of your halves of aluminum foil, then place mixture in the middle of the tortilla, (this is where you would add cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and jalapenos to making it hot) leaving none on the edges.
- Preheat oven on to 400 degrees.
- Next, fold both ends of the tortilla inward towards the mixture, next you want to fold one end of the long edge over the mixture, then a small tuck under the mixture, then roll it closed, (you may have a small end still out once you roll, just roll enough one more time till that end is on the bottom) then push lightly down.
- Next, you want to replace the burrito on the foil to be long ways, then wrap the burrito in the foil by placing one end of the foil over the burrito then roll until closed, take the both ends and shape them into a triangle then fold on top of the burrito. Repeat step until all mixture is gone. Set your needed amount to the side, the rest of the burritos can be saved for later, just place them in a Ziploc freezer bag making sure no air is trapped in the bag. They will be good to eat for up to a month, but good luck with trying to save them that long, in my house they’re gone in a week).
- Then place burrito in oven for about 10 to 15min. (Frozen burritos cook for about 15 to 20min.)
- Then enjoy!!