Drinking green smoothies have really been doing wonders for my weight loss. There are smoothie recipes out there online, but I try my own by trial and error anyone can do this just add some green veggies, some flaxseed, Chia seed or hemp seed and your favorite fruit and go for it. I am going to share with you one of my smoothie recipes I like to call “The Green Monster” for more information about the benefits of the Green Monster smoothie click here.
High Power Blender (I use a Ninja blender but I believe you can use a Bullet don’t hold me to it).
1/2 of Cucumber, skinned and chopped in slices
2 Handful of Organic Kale or Spinach or go crazy and combine
1 Whole Avocado chopped
1 and 1/2 cup of Frozen mixed fruit
1 cup of Orange Juice
1 cup of Non sweeten 100% Cranberry juice
2Tbsp. Flaxseed for fiber and omega 3-oils
6- 8 pieces of ice (optional how many pieces used).
Weight loss version substitute the juice for water.
- Wash off all fruits and vegetables
- Skin (or you can leave the skin on it’s your choice) and chop cucumber in medium slices. Then set aside.
- Hold the avocado in one hand and with a sharp knife began to slowly cut the avocado lengthwise around the seed. (The seed sits in the middle and it will be hard). Then place both of the palms of your hands around the avocado (as if your trying to cover it up) hold firmly and twist (like your opening a jar) until the avocado comes apart and becomes two halves.
- Now you must remove the seed from the avocado. This can be done two different ways (that I know).
- Take a sharp knife and hit it into the seed and twist like your opening a soda bottle.
- Or take a spoon put it up against the seed (between seed and fruit) and gently work the seed out.
- Now you want to peel the skin off the avocado which is quite easy to do. You want to peel the dark part of the skin off leaving only the green to yellow portion of the avocado. You can use your hand or a knife whichever is easier. Make sure you have no part of the dark skin left on the avocado because it is not consumable (You can’t eat it).
- After you have peeled the avocado now chop it up in medium size pieces and set aside.
- Peel your bananas and break in halves and set aside.
- Measure out your orange juice and cranberry juice. Then place in the blender.
- Place two big handfuls of Kale or Spinach or both in the blender.
- Place your chopped up avocado, cucumber, bananas, frozen mixed fruit, and 2Tbsp. of flaxseed in the blender. Along with your ice and blend.
- Blend until it began to look smooth and it should be done. If not repeat blend.
*This recipe is for a 72oz. blender which is 9 cups. If you have a smaller blender cut this recipe by half and you should still be good.
If you like what you’ve read share it! It would be greatly appreciated.